Yeesh, that was some hiatus. I’m now home for the summer, working at the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center as a web programmer. My supervisor, the webmaster, is away for a week so all I have to do right now is keep the site updated and deal with whatever comes my way… the rest of my time goes to teaching myself Photoshop and working on my own projects. The first fruits of my Photoshop adventures are on the site, in the form of a replacement “logo” on the main screen. Not much, but it’s a start.
As with last summer, a job in information services allows me to listen to plenty of music throughout the day. Today I brought:
- Miles Davis - Miles in the Sky - found it used, haven’t listened to it yet
- Into Another - Ignaurus - emo with some interesting bass parts, but overall kind of annoying
- King Crimson - The ConstruKction of Light - it’s growing on me, but slowly
- Metallica - …And Justice For All - when I start feeling tired, I’ll pop this in
- ProjeKct Four - West Coast Live - right now, the ProjeKct I’m most interested in
- Symphony X - Twilight in Olympus - prog metal; not nearly as good as its predecessor
- XTC - Nonsuch - found it a while back for $5 new at Circuit City
In his diary, Robert Fripp states that “I am happier in this band than any other of which I have been a member”. I wonder why? The current King Crimson certainly isn’t any more creative than most incarnations, but I suppose it is far more stable. I wonder if there’s a connection there.